RaumZeitPiraten are a space and time bending artists collective. Their activities are aimed at playful, experimental connections of sound, image, object, space and time to an alternately-self-expanding-multimedia-performance-surround-spaceship-laboratory-travel to somewhere between science and fiction.
Since 2007 the three pirates are working with several cooperated artists and chaging media. Their ephemeral models of imperfect man-machine counter-worlds questions relatities, scientific accuracy and inorganic behaviour dominated by machines.
- CrossArtFestival, Erarta Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Strictly Analog #3, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- EMAF, Osnabrück, Germany
- KIBLIX, Maribor, Slovenia
- Сад Осьминога, Volgograd, Russia
- Luminale, Frankfurt, Germany
- Fantoche Royal, Baden, Switzerland
- Fine Sound – keine Medienkunst, das weisse haus, Vienna, Austria
- Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Germany
- FAVORITEN Theaterfestival, Dortmund, Germany
- Múzeumok Éjszakája, Pécs, Hungary
- Partizipatives Lichtlabor, Museum Kunstpalast, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Tobias Daemgen : born in 1980 in Braunschweig.He studied communication design at the University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf.
In 2007, he co-founded the artists network RaumZeitPiraten along with Moritz Ellerich.
Since 2008, he has undertaken postgraduate studies at the Academy of Media Arts Cologne.
- Jan Ehle
- Moritz Ellerich: Born in Haan & currently based in Düsseldorf, is a student of both the insides of electronic devices & their influence on the inside of human beings. Alone, & since 2007 in his duo work with Tobias Daemgen as RaumZeitPiraten, he builts one-of-a-kind modular systems of DIY light-sound instrument.
Philosophy and concepts:
« Open al these black boxes and closed circuits. Destroy and rebuild. Space is vast. time is revolving. history is a recycling center. The dominance of the plain and the clean is falling apart. imperfection is calling. reformat reality. » www.RaumZeitPiraten.com
RaumZeitPiraten are a space and time bending artists collective. With their site-specific, performative installations they create ephemeral models of unperfectmensch-maschinecounterworldsquestioningcalculatedrealities, scientific accurateness and anorganic, machine dominated behaviour.
With custom-builtopto-acoustic instruments they are misusing and remixing ancient and up-to-date auditive and visual technologies for heterogeneous, organically improvised light and sound architectures.
Their activities are aimed at playful, experiment all connections of sound, image, object, space and time to an alternately-self-expanding-multimedia-performance-surround-spaceship-laboratory-travel to somewhere between science and fiction.
With their collective work they search for alternative ways of thinking and acting and try to reformulate our attitudes towards our environment.
« Questioning calculated realities ». Through their installations RaumZeitPiraten try to interpret reality at different scales by touching physiological, psychological and technological aspects of it. No more preconceived machines, deconstruction and reconstruction are the new order.
- « We do not know anymore. We think. »The eversion of our memory into the always-available machine is done.
Now the transcoding of our vacant brain capacities has to be advanced.
- « What was static becomes fluid. »Our disorientation does not mean a deficit, it is the first delirium of joy of the gravitational liberated.
- « Reality is finished. »
Mental space is finally infinite. Only dreams are true. A new level of consciousness sis achieved. The digital has leavened us. The predominant movement of thinking is jumping. We are in a constant shift of interchanging realities.
- Narrations of an unknown alchemist light environment, 2015: Analogous to the camera techniques of film culture custom-built light-machines are used to create an animated shadow surrounding. Exhibits of the Museum der Kulturen Basel and everyday objects are melt together and come to life by the kinetic alternators in real time.
- Modified handcarts for urban interventions, 2015 : The HackenPorsche are modified shopping trolleys for urban interventions. In order to discover the interaction of the community and all its inhabitants, these handcarts are exhibited in public space
- Since one of the main concept of RaumZeitPiraten is to explore original visions, they create experimental artworks using numerous techniques. With custom-built, sound-reactive LED and laser projectors and light-controlled, musical machines they prospect city-scapes transforming whatever crosses their way into audiovisual playgrounds.
- Mobile light-sound-system for urban interaction: RaumZeitPiraten used their vehicule to create a mobile light sound systeme. The Volkswagen T3 Bus, as the name of the artwork is referring to, became a wheeled stage in purpose to transform urban sceneries audiovisually without using external sources of electricity.